FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Shawn Rundblade
Tel: (779) 348-0911
SHAWN RUNDBLADE ANNOUNCES CONGRESSIONAL RUN
2018 Election year for the U.S. House of Representatives 5th Congressional District in Wisconsin
WAUKESHA, WI December 14, 2016 – Shawn Rundblade, an average American citizen, has announced his campaign for the 5th congressional district in Wisconsin. He will be running as an Independent against long term incumbent Republican James Sensenbrenner.
Shawn (who is not a millionaire or part of the political system) is running on the idea that the wealthy and privileged, as well as career politicians, are no longer in touch with the struggles of everyday Americans. As a middle-class American, Shawn knows the day to day struggles that the vast majority of Americans contend with. He knows how much even a slight increase in taxes or healthcare costs hurt individuals and families and will fight to keep both in check.
Running as an Independent is important because Shawn does not believe that one party has better/worse ideas over the other. From a social perspective, he will fight for equality for everyone just as the constitution promised. He believes in taking care of those people who need help, but also ensuring that abuse of the system is reigned in. Fiscally, Shawn wants to have a conservative approach where we are funding programs that benefit society, and push us forward but cutting funding where it is being wasted.
Our current state of the political system is corrupt. Our government has become an oligarchy where the rich and privileged are running our country and making decisions, not the American people. Shawn is outside of that system of corruption, and will fight everyday for the regular American citizen. While Congress may only be in session less than 200 days, Shawn will be out talking to the constituents in the 5th congressional district and elsewhere to listen and understand the desires of the people. Having an open and honest dialogue should the the top priority of any politician since they are there to represent the people. Shawn will have an open communication policy with the public.
Here are some of the core beliefs that Shawn will fight for:
– Social Equality for everyone
– A fair tax program that does not raise taxes on ANYONE making less than $250,000/yr
– Support of the police, fire, EMS, and troops that protect us and our country
– Education reform to fix the failing public school program so our children continue to make our country great for generations to come
– Realistic healthcare reform that brings down prescription drug costs, and provides basic healthcare to those who need it
– Term limits for congress so we have fresh ideas that meet societies needs
– Protect the citizens and our economy from the pure greed of Wall Street
Interview Requests: Scheduling@ShawnRundblade.com
General Information: Info@ShawnRundblade.com